Welcome to the FIRST Robotics Competition
For more info about FIRST, click the logo!
FIRST is an organization that allows high school level students to compete and show off their skills in science and technology. Each year, teams must build a robot to do a specific task to win the game. Throughout the build season, the six week period in which the robot must be built, the teams raise money, design robots, write various awards to win at competitions, and, most importantly, learn to function as a team unit. Through this program, students learn skills they can use in their future careers and jobs.
Students get to:
- Learn from professional engineers
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design
- Learn and use sophisticated software and hardware
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $19 million in college scholarships